We are a bright, leading consultancy with a wealth of experience and lots of energy.
Our clients include local authorities and organisations from all tiers and all corners of the UK as well as central government, the third sector and the private sector.
Our work is carefully planned and implemented with innovation, speed and efficiency.
Our approach is to provide the best possible advice and service delivered by the best people in the business. Based on insight, evidence and an understanding of clients’ business and audiences, our approach is to coach and train a leading edge team, dedicated to supporting clients from project inception to the evaluation of outcomes.
Our employee benefits
- Training and development programme (Westco Academy)
- Team budgets for monthly socials
- Working from home kit (desk, laptop, chair) subject to desk assessment*
- Health cash plan*
- Employee Assistance Programme*
- Enhanced maternity policy
- Flexible working policy in alignment with our aspirations as the agency for social good
- Volunteering policy (allowing you to volunteer your time to a cause close to your heart on Westco)
- 25 working days paid holiday + the 8 public holidays
*PLEASE NOTE: Some of these benefits will only apply after you have passed your probation
Duration: 3-6-month contract
Main duties and responsibilities
Westco is looking for a highly motivated Communications Officer to join our team. This role will be to provide a dedicated, high quality, efficient contribution to the delivery of client campaigns specifically around housing. This will include drafting and delivering communications targeted to people our clients serve.
You will be expected to work internally and with our clients (e.g. Westminster City Council) in a fast-paced environment providing communications support. You will provide a tailored approach to communications ensuring that stakeholders at all levels are informed of and engaged with our clients’ plans.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will be responsible for supporting communication plans to maintain reputation, raising the profile of housing and maximizing opportunities to build reputation.
You will deliver a range of coordinated activity across the marketing and communications mix to support projects and campaigns, ensuring that they are of a high-quality and produce copy for channels such as resident newsletters, letters, posters, magazines, websites, social media and resident and stakeholder letters.
Your place of work will predominantly be Westco’s HQ based on the 16th Floor at 64 Victoria Street, SW1. You will work for our client Westminster City Council’s housing services also based at 64 Victoria Street, SW1.
This role will involve (but is not limited to):
Delivery and implementation
- Produce communications materials and content for newsletters, website, letters, posters and social media
- Review and improve operation documents including letters, handbooks
- Brief and coordinate design, photography, video and print production
- Manage stakeholder’s database and key influencers
- Coordinate filming requests
- Arrange, prepare briefings and attend events
- Research and develop case studies with residents
Monitor digital and social media and report on activity
Evaluate the effectiveness of communications activity and objectives and how these supports the overall objectives
Client service and relationship management
Build good relationships with members and officers and maintain high standards of professionalism
Keep line manager informed of projects, campaigns or issues as they arise
Be an active and effective member of the team and demonstrate willingness to learn and take on responsibility.
Desired Skills and Experience
You should have existing track-record and experience within an agency environment or government / third sector communications service, be adaptable, relentlessly enthusiastic, willing to learn and with an interest in developing within a diverse and growing account.
Ideally you will have a qualification in a marketing related subject and at least two years’ experience in a similar communications role.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Interest in government and public sector communications issues
- Understanding of advertising, communications and marketing practices
- Previous agency / client experience is preferred - with proven track record of office experience and processes including Microsoft Office, social media and digital platforms e.g. MailChimp, SurveyMonkey
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and connections across different areas of a business/organisation
- Ability to present information clearly using different media and adjusting tone of voice for different audiences
- Experience of working on pro-active campaigns using a variety of tools, techniques and channels
- Ability to manage deadlines, timetables, multi-tasking and competing priorities
- Excellent written communications skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- A friendly, outgoing and ‘team player’ mentality
- Motivation and focus
- Keenness to learn and develop your career
If you are interested please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com