Who we are
We are a bright, leading communications consultancy with a wealth of experience, lots of energy and a focus on social good.
Our clients include local authorities and organisations from all tiers and all corners of the UK as well as central government, the third sector and the private sector.
Our work is carefully planned and implemented with innovation, speed and efficiency.
Our approach is to provide the best possible advice and service delivered by the best people in the business. Based on insight, evidence and an understanding of clients business and audiences, our approach is to coach and train a leading edge team, dedicated to supporting clients from project inception to the evaluation of outcomes.
Location: City Hall, 64 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Working hours: Internship placements available for either 1, 2 or 3 working days per week. Office hours 9.00am – 5.00pm with one hour for lunch unpaid.
Salary: London Living Wage
Deadline for applications: 31st January 2020
Westco is a wholly owned company of Westminster City Council and provides communications, market research, strategy and transformation consultancy services to local authorities, central government departments and other public, private and third sector organisations in the UK.
We are looking for interns to work with and support the Research and Insight department, working on a variety of qualitative and quantitative social research projects for local and central government clients; engaging with residents, service users, businesses, and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design of research materials (such as questionnaires)
- Data quality checks
- Analysing data (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Helping deliver community engagement events and meetings, including logistical and administrative support
- Maintenance of online surveys and engagement
- Experience / training / learning in market or social research
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-working ability
- Good verbal and written communication skills (fluent written / spoken English essential)
- Day-to-day line management support
- Enrolment on staff induction course
- Invitation to team and department meetings to oversee wider work planning
- Invitation to team and department training and events
- Potential to extend employment
Please submit your CV and covering letter by 31st January 2020 to Caroline Roper, Executive Research Director email@example.com
Interviews to commence from 3rd February and start date as soon as possible.