Who we are
We are a bright, leading communications consultancy with a wealth of experience, lots of energy and a focus on social good.
Our clients include local authorities and organisations from all tiers and all corners of the UK as well as central government, the third sector and the private sector.
Our work is carefully planned and implemented with innovation, speed and efficiency.
Our approach is to provide the best possible advice and service delivered by the best people in the business. Based on insight, evidence and an understanding of clients business and audiences, our approach is to coach and train a leading edge team, dedicated to supporting clients from project inception to the evaluation of outcomes.
Westco is the trading arm of Westminster City Council, and we are an agency that helps public sector clients to change people’s lives for the better through strategic communications. Our agency is made up of communications, social research, creative and community engagement.
We are seeking to recruit a Research Manager to work in our Research and Insight team and to support the Executive Research Director.
Location: City Hall, 64 Victoria Street, London. SW1E 6QP
Type: Permanent, Full time
Working hours: 9.00am - 6.00pm (flexible working also offered)
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience + benefits
- Delivers social value – helps to /effects a positive impact on the lives of people we and our clients serve. Helps establish Westco as the “Agency for Social good”.
- Improve clients’ performance - use our extensive pool of knowledge and expertise around the country to deliver the best of Westco for all clients. Bring innovations in research, policy, communications, strategy and design practices to clients. Build capabilities into all client contracts to help them sustain improvements. Build enduring relationships with clients, based on trust.
- Create an outstanding environment for exceptional people - be inclusive and supportive of growth, change and innovation. Sustain a caring meritocracy, where hard work and results are rewarded. Develop one another through mentoring. Encourage development through professional training and work experience.
- Grows Westco – Grow our agency and deliver on our strategic aspiration to be a recognised Leader in public sector communications within and outside the UK.
- Adhere to the highest professional standards – maintain client confidentiality. Always objective and apolitical. Manage client and Westco resources efficiently.
Responsibilities of this role
- Managing and delivering a range of quantitative and/or qualitative projects effectively and efficiently including management of project budgets and ensuring they run to time
- Creating and delivering error-free toplines, presentations reports to clients
- Managing and building relationships with current and new clients, internal teams, suppliers and subcontractors
- Leading on business development, including proposal writing and pitches
- Providing line management to junior members of the team
What do we expect this role to achieve?
- Managing and delivery client projects to the highest standard and in a timely fashion which have an impact and provide evidence for policy and decision making
- Continue to grow and develop the business
- Proactively engaged in personal development for themselves and line reports
Experience and qualifications
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Experience of working within a busy team while working under pressure and managing competing priorities
- Demonstrable experience in conducting quantitative research
- Experience in qualitative research desirable
- Demonstrable experience in engaging and managing clients, subcontractors, internal teams or suppliers
- Demonstrable experience in report writing and presenting
- Demonstrable experience in research design and proposal writing
- Research agency experience desirable
- Line management experience desirable
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong market/social research skills, including questionnaire/topic guide design, sample design, managing/conducting fieldwork, analysis and reporting
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to manage several projects and tasks
- Ability to work effectively and proactively under pressure and to tight deadlines with good attention to detail and high standards of accuracy
- Strong commitment to delivery and a focus on client requirements
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and able to communicate with clients, internal staff, subcontractors/suppliers at all levels
- Ability to design and deliver business development activities such as proposals and pitches to prospective clients
- Good oral and written skills in presenting complex information to a variety of professional and lay audiences in an understandable and engaging form
- Competent user of Microsoft Office specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Clear understanding and commitment to equality and diversity
- A team player and fully supporting the rest of the team and our work
- Compliance with the MRS Code of Conduct, ISO quality standards and GDPR
Interviews to commence from 6th January and start date as soon as possible.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Caroline Roper, Executive Research Director email@example.com by 19th December.