Across the UK there continues to be a huge demand for foster placements, a situation that has been exacerbated by the pandemic.
Many local authorities are being forced to make increased use of independent fostering agencies as well as residential care. In a ‘living-with Covid environment’ it is more important than ever for councils to expand their own in-house fostering capabilities.
This virtual best-practice discussion will uncover how councils can improve fostering marketing, recruitment and retention. It is specifically for local authorities fostering staff and their communication/marketing teams.
It will look at:
- Current trends in recruitment (latest data and research)
- Examples of best practices in recruitment campaigns
- How to build effective working between recruitment and marketing teams
- Recruiting carers from diverse background
- What the post-Covid environment looks like
- Use of data/insight in marketing and recruitment
This event is for:
- Fostering recruitment teams looking to improve what they do and how they work with their communication and marketing teams
- Communication and marketing teams looking to implement, optimise and evolve campaign strategy
The panel includes:
- Shivaunne Booth, Senior Communications Officer, Hertfordshire County Council
- Jon Lilley. Executive Director of Creative, Westco
- Jon Paul Danon, Partner, Council Advertising Network
- Rishi Moulton, Research Lead, Westco
- Becky Taylor-Hall, Fostering Recruitment and Engagement Manager
- Ishara Tewary, Permanence Service Leader, Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Claire Thompson, Community Insight and Marketing Lead, North East Lincolnshire Council